For us, “Transforming Land and Lives” is contributing so that our environment and our stakeholders capitalize to the maximum the benefits of our presence and agro-industrial activity. Transforming land and lives synthesizes our commitment to performance beyond financial results, involves making transparent our ESG (environmental, social and corporate governance) indicators and practices.
• $54 MM invested to develop new hectares and support the Company’s existing operations.
• 47% annual growth in sales, recognized as one of the 10 main agro-exporting companies of Peru
(Ministry of Agricultural Development and Irrigation, 2021).
• +15,000 decent jobs supporting the economic revitalization of the Lambayeque region and the improved living conditions of its people.
• +30% increase in cultivated hectares, thanks to the high demand for our products in the markets of
Europe, the United States, Asia, Southeast Asia, and Latin America.
• Reduced our carbon footprint to 18.93 tons of CO2 eq per cultivated hectare, due to our usage of best practices that led to more efficient operations during 2021.
• Our companies, Arena Verde and Agrovision Peru, were certified under the Alliance Water Stewardship (AWS) international sustainable water management standard, one of the most valued standards by rating agencies worldwide.
• Thanks to the contribution of Arena Verde in forest preservation, we have approximately 4,010.90 tons of CO2 eq capable of offsetting the carbon footprint of our operations.
• Our preventive and corrective actions in occupational health and safety allowed us to reduce work accidents by 18%, even though the number of contracted personnel increased 38% vs. 2020.
• We participated in research projects with internationally acclaimed genetics houses, which reflects our good reputation and qualification as a Peruvian agro- export company.
• Committed to using clean energy, we have signed an MOU with the Spanish company, IGNIS, that will supply our Arena Verde and Agrovision Peru operations with green power.
• 3,750 families living in extreme poverty benefited from the donation of 1,370 m3 of potable water in during the COVID-19 pandemic.
• 14,980 units of medicine and protective medical equipment donated to Morrope’s people and health center.
• 45% of our payroll is made up of women, providing jobs and development opportunities to this
vulnerable population with the goal of contributing to gender equality in the country.